Our Ethical Trading Policy
Repose Furniture Limited (Repose) Ethical Trading Statement
At Repose we are strongly committed to ethical principles and good stewardship. We are therefore, proud to guarantee that we trade according to the following Ethical Trading Criteria:
- All employment is freely chosen.
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic.
- Child labour is not used.
- Wages are fair and comparable to industry standard and will always exceed the minimum wage.
- Deductions from wages as a disciplinary measure shall not be permitted.
- Working hours are not excessive.
- No discrimination is practised.
- Regular employment is provided for those who are employed on a permanent contract.
- No harsh, cruel or degrading treatment or practices are allowed.
- No bribery, corruption, blackmailing or bullying is permitted.
- Third party suppliers and buyers are both free to sell and buy from any number of other businesses. No restrictions, as a way of guaranteeing business, are allowed.
Repose recognises that our commercial activities have potential to impact on our suppliers and our locality. As a socially responsible business our suppliers, local community and customers have a right to expect that:
- Products manufactured and sourced by Repose Furniture are produced under working conditions that are both hygienic and safe.
- All workers involved in the delivery of services provided by Repose are treated with full consideration to their basic human rights.