Our Environmental Policy Statement
Repose is a leading specialist seating organisation, designing and
manufacturing wooden and metal based furniture for the home, health and care
markets and we recognise that the pursuit of economic growth and a healthy
environment must be closely linked. We
are committed to protecting the environment with a sensitive and responsive
Repose are fully aware of the effects that our manufacturing
processes may have on the environment and we work tirelessly with our suppliers
to ensure that we have an integrated environmental approach one that complies
with legislation and environmental policy.
This responsibility is achieved through actions that include:
- Commitment to continued improvement and
prevention of pollution and waste, by deploying a rigorous control, evaluation
and refinement system in line with our manufacturing operational strategy, with
environmental reviews of our processes carried out regularly.
- Ensuring that our staff are well trained and
adhere to our environmental policies, thus enabling us to achieve maximum
efficiency and impact through our actions.
- Ensuring that all our components are sourced
from reputable companies that adhere to the latest environmental legislation
and regulations. We do this through
regular review of their environmental codes of practice.
- Ensuring that wherever possible all waste is recycled
or reused and where this is not practicable any residual is disposed of in an
- Ensuring that wherever possible we use high
quality recycled materials in our manufacturing, office and packaging processes,
minimising the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Ensuring the use of energy efficient
manufacturing equipment, tools and processes.
- Ensuring the efficient use of water.
- Ensuring company vehicles are selected and
maintained correctly so as to minimise pollutant emissions.
- Reducing fuel consumption through efficient